Spend a North Georgia mountain vacation in an area that is full of wonderful attractions. The Chancey Hill Inn Bed and Breakfast in Hiawassee is a great place to serve as your home base while you explore.
Towns County is host to many fairs and attractions, including the Georgia Mountain Fair and Crane Creek Harvest Festival. Nearby Clay County is home to the John C. Campbell Folk School. The wine country Georgia Wine Highway runs nearby and there are many national parks for hiking. Murphy and Hayesville, NC are located along the Hiawassee River and are a short drive from Chancey Hill Inn. Innkeepers John and Dale will be glad to offer suggestions and to help with arrangements for any activities you choose. They can even prepare a picnic basket for you! Some nearby attractions and events include:
- Art galleries
- Babyland General Hospital
- Brasstown Bald, highest point in GA
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
- John C. Campbell Folk School
- Folk Pottery Museum
- Hamilton Rhododendron Garden
- Southern Highroads Trail
- Sautee & Nacoochee Valleys
- Waterfalls - 12 in the area
- Wineries - Crane Creek Vineyards, Hightower Creek Vineyards, and the Georgia Wine Highway
- Chattahoochee National Forest and Nantahala National Forest
- Georgia State Parks - 6 in the surrounding area - Amicalola Falls, Moccasin Creek, Smithgall Woods Conservation Park, Tallulah Gorge, Unicoi, and Vogel
- Russell-Brasstown National Scenic Byway
- Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds - Home of Georgia Mountain Fair, Fall Festival, concerts at Anderson Music Hall, Georgia state Fiddlers' Convention, picnic pavilions, etc.
- Destiny Alpaca Farm and Southern Cross Alpacas
- Southern Tree Plantation
Check our calendar of events so you won't miss a thing!